Tuesday, October 3, 2017

My apology for any confusion

Author Craig T. Greenlee truly appreciates the love.
As a journalist, I've learned that there's always the possibility that what you write can be perceived in a way that was never intended. I believe that's what happened with my blog entry from yesterday --  "Book signing memorable for right reasons."

I was absolutely thrilled with the response on Facebook. But on the other hand, I was very puzzled. In reading over the comments, it occurred to me that most folks got the impression that my first book signing was a recent event. It was not. So, obviously, as the writer, I didn't do a good enough job of making that clear.

Please accept my humble apology for any confusion I may have caused.

Why is this such a big deal? 

It's a big deal because I try not to convey anything through my writing that might be misleading. Call it a pet peeve or whatever.

Think about it. Usually, when you congratulate someone, it's regarding something that has happened in the now or very recently. In regards to my first book signing, that was hardly the case. That event took place at a Marshall University homecoming celebration six years ago. 

My reason for writing about an event from yesteryear is simply because it's a cherished memory that I will never forget. The fact that the book was so well received by a large cross-section of people, was the proverbial "icing on the cake."

It's the right thing to do

Just want to clear that up because I believe it's the right thing to do.

Even though I didn't do a good enough job of communicating, there was still a ton of good stuff that resulted. Actually, the outpouring of kudos and congrats on Facebook reminded me so much of what happened at that first book signing in 2011.

I'll go as far as describing it as deja vu ... and that's a good thing.

Let me take this opportunity to offer my sincere and heartfelt thanks to everyone who clicked "like" or took the time to comment. Your encouragement and support mean more to me than you'll ever know. 

Thoroughly enjoyed feedback from a bunch of folks

The blog entry got likes and comments from folks I grew up with in Jacksonville, Florida, along with former college classmates at Marshall, friends in Huntington, West Virginia, folks I know in Winston-Salem, North Carolina (where I live), and people I worked with during the time I lived in Atlanta in the mid-to-late 1980s.  You guys really made my day.

In closing, allow me to share this thought with you. ... Be blessed on this day and always, for there is nothing that can separate you from the love of God.


-Craig T.

No comments:

Post a Comment